Designed by Angelo Lelii for Arredoluce in the 1950s, this Italian chandelier has three gracefully sculpted opaline glass lights and perfectly welded brass parts.
Italian designer Angelo Lelli was an active and influential participant in the postwar Italian design boom and was instrumental in propelling Italian design to international prominence. He founded the innovative lighting company Arredoluce in Manza, Italy in 1947. Arredoluce quickly built a reputation for creating premium quality lights and executing them with minimalist forms that took advantage of new technologies and often featured articulated arms and directional shades. Lelli was responsible for the production of hundreds of artful lighting collections that have become highly sought-after on the vintage market. These collections ranged from table and floor lamps to sconces and chandeliers, developed in collaboration with design luminaries like Franco Albini, Achille and Pier Castiglioni, Vico Magistretti and Gio Ponti.